In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Salvador Ramirez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I see no reason for indexing web pages created from data coming from
> a database. Two problems I see on this: a) you can expect big volumes
> of data (HTML web pages) probably with almost the same information
> except for certain fields. b) why indexing something that is already
> indexed (a database) in another place. I'd prefer to save disk space
> to web pages already created so you can expect not much change.

You assume that only staticly stored pages have static content. Many sites use
databases for storing page contents and generate the pages dynamically, but the
pages will still exist only once and display the same for every visitor (so the
database is only for the convenience of the editor, not for personalization or
mass customization).

By all means, if you want a complete index you will need to include those
pages.

Klaus Johannes Rusch
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]