from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have written crawlers in Perl before, but I wish to try out Python for
> a hobby project. Has anybody here written a webbot i Python?

Verity Ultraseek is a web crawler and search engine written in
Python. Portions of it are C or C++ native modules. Ultraseek
is a commercial product, so we don't give out the code. Sorry.

yields. On any other reasoning [meaning] of issuence, i object. AND under NO
circumstances is an
apology necessary or appropriate, as it is, does and remains Strictly your choice.
thanks for
participating.

> Python is of course a smaller language, so the libraries aren't as
> extensive as the Perl counterparts. Also, I find the documentation
> somewhat lacking (or it could be me being new to the language).

explaing it is better to use older code.

wunder on,  Chief

sincere thanks >Ssol