I wonder if the best way to see an evolved standard take hold would be to involve httpd developers, especially Apache, from the start. That would seem particularly important if it's to be anything that needs to be updated automatically. Their incorporation of anything new would probably lead to others following.

Somewhat idiosyncratically, I'd like to see evolution in terms of gathering discussion-type data, such as message boards, mailing list archives and blogs, though the latter certainly makes things somewhat easier. Of course, for those kinds of things to be palatable, they probably need to include stroppng e-mail obfuscation, lest they become address harvesting tools.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett
Phone/fax: (408) 904-7198