On Aug 26, 2013, at 3:21 PM, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:

> I don't think this patch requires any elaboration...

Well the patch *does* need elaboration.

The sequence id is maintained persistently.

You are attempting to change the sequence id on some
pathway within some process that should NOT be attempted.

If you are encountering a flaw here, there are likely several
other associated changes to honor DB_RDONLY that need
to be attempted.

Without some description of what process is being attempted
so all places that DB_RDONLY needs to be honored can be
addressed, with an explicit coverage test, I will wait until I
encounter the problem before attempting a solution.

73 de Jeff