On Aug 29, 2013, at 4:13 PM, Matthew Dawkins wrote:

> Idk if this an "official" item on the ROADMAP, but having support for 30+
> diff redirects in RPMIO "would" be a nice feature, useful to "us" hobbyists".
> Especial redirects from sourceforge or googlecode.

Network support is not an "official" ROADMAP item: in fact quite the opposite,
as "Have it your own way!" desired distributing RPM with network support
(not just redirects) disabled.

Then there is the perceived issue of "external" vs "internal" network transport
that has been discussed for years.
And "external" downloader support, with RPM denied all network access on
build machines and in chroot's, is what I am continually told is what rpm
SHOULD do.

Both ROSA/Mandriva have chosen _NOT_ to "support" network transport in RPM.
RPM cannot support for hobbyist usage, what linux vendors choose not to support.

All of the above needs to be rationalized before it makes any sense to discuss
30x redirects.

73 de Jeff