In regard to: Re: patches for OpenIndiana/Solaris 11, Jeffrey Johnson said...:

I'm replacing my current x86_64-pc-solaris2.10 (traditional Solaris 10
from before Oracle bought Sun, 10u6 to be exact) build box with a new
x86_64-pc-solaris2.11, which is actually OpenIndiana 151a8.

Be expecting to see some patches in the coming days.

Several procedural details that would help me immensely:

1) a devtool.conf stanza that indicates what build options you are (or wish) to
use
on OpenSolaris.

That I think I can do.  I'll try get something wired up.  I've saved
previous emails to the list about devtool going all the way back to when
you and Ralf first implemented it, so I should have enough in the way
of context and examples so I can come up with something useful.

2) hosting a build slave on OpenSolaris

This I would like to do, but I'm not certain if I'll be able to.  Since
I work at a university I have a lot more flexibility than most, but OI
is pretty niche even for us.

We do however have some brand new VMWare infrastructure that's desperately
in need of testing, so maybe if I position it that way...

I'll let you know on the 2nd item, but don't hold your breath.

If I *can't* get a buildbot going, I don't think you should spend any time
trying to get one going just for continuous integration on OpenSolaris.
If there was demand from some "significant" portion of the OS community
for RPM, then sure.  I do know that at least one OpenSolaris derivative
uses rpm as its native package format, but I don't know how or if it's
even active anymore.  Other than that possibility, I don't think there's
enough demand to justify your time trying to support it.

I actually would be totally fine with you not incorporating any of the
patches I may come up with; I'm submitting more so that they're on the
public record in case any other sole is on the same path.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                             tim.moo...@ndsu.edu