> On Dec 8, 2016, at 8:49 AM, Alexander Kanavin
> <alexander.kana...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> On 12/08/2016 10:54 AM, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>>> Jeff, can you commit the changes to cvs?
>>>

>> I can’t check in code blindly, nor will I check in code that cannot be
>> tested,
>> nor do I have the time to generate diff’s and examine your port.
>>
>> There is no way to test (even de facto, by running some other application)
>> rpm-python3 atm.
>
> FWIW, rpm's python support may not be needed at all to run dnf in the future,
> if they port dnf on top of libhif as promised, and stop using a combination
> of hawkey and rpm-python. I didn't study the code in detail to confirm this
> though. It's all in flux at the moment.

I hope that is true: I have essentially zero interest in rpm-python these days.

My guess is that — as long as yum is around — rpm-python will continue
a zombie existence in “open sores” software.

Meanwhile, spinning rpm-python out of RPM CVS into a separate git project
is likely the best way forward. That was rpm.org’s plan as well way back when.