On Jun 25, 2008, at 11:49 AM, Denis Washington wrote:

I hope what is in the data structures is sufficient and well-defined
enough. And, what I increasingly tempt to believe, that we don't talk
past each other. ;)

I'm trying to build from your 4 tarballs.

For starters, I'd suggest LGLPv2 rather than GPLv3 licensing. The
reason is that the intended target is commercial ISV's, who are
often (and justfiably) uncomfortable with the viral nature of GPL.
The commercial ISV's _MUST_ link to your code.

Second, I'd suggest a different name than "lsb-package" for now.
I see no "official" buy-in from LSB yet, and all package names starting
"lsb-" are reserved for LANANANANANANA ...

Alternatively, get your act togther and register "lsb-package". But you
are almost sure to annoy and confuse many with "lsb-package".

Personally, I'd suggest "lsb-berlin" until you get more buy-in, but YMMV.

Back to building ...

Build fails because
   #include "i18n-defs.h"
from lib/lsb_package.c is nowhere obvious to be found.

Doing
    touch lib/i18n-defs.h
keeps gcc happy, but if you don't need the content, don't include the file.

Next failure is this

creating liblsb_package.la
(cd .libs && rm -f liblsb_package.la && ln -s ../liblsb_package.la liblsb_package.la)
make[2]: Leaving directory `/X/lsb-package/lsb_package-0.1/lib'
Making all in daemon
make[2]: Entering directory `/X/lsb-package/lsb_package-0.1/daemon'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `org.linuxbase.Packages.xml', needed by `dbus-server-bindings.h'. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/X/lsb-package/lsb_package-0.1/daemon'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/X/lsb-package/lsb_package-0.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /X/tmp/rpm-tmp.86094 (%build)

Where do I find (or generate) the org.linuxbase.Packages.xml file?

My no-brainer goal is to generate *.rpm packages so that I have a "reference"
build from which to send patches ...

73 de Jeff
LSB Communication List                                rpm-lsb@rpm5.org