On 03/23/2017 10:48 PM, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 03:08:57PM -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy wrote:
It can be dropped because this code was never actually enabled.
Actually, this implementation *surely* never ever compiled.

Are you sure of this? Because this is supposed to be wired up so RPM
builds and runs correctly on BSDs and Mac OS X... If it's not, then
that's a problem...

Just have a look at the code, it's pretty obvious that it's never been
compiled.

My weary old eyes only spotted some const-correctness issues, I needed gcc to point out the misspelled variable and the stray #endif.

So yes it's never been compiled and it doesn't seem to get linked anywhere and ... oh my. Just realized that only fts is being used from misc/ and everything else there is just dead weight (ditto for rpmio/stubs) for the last ten years. And seems nobody noticed.

        - Panu -