On Apr 3, 2012, at 10:18 AM, Rick Miller wrote:

>> What are the Requires: needed?
>
> My mistake, they are BuildRequires: and are as follows:

BuildRequires? Easiest is just to do
        rpmbuild -ba --nodeps foo.spec

> python
> gettext
> intltool
>
>> What version of RPM?
>
> I *think* its 5.2.x, but not 100% sure.  I don't have access to the
> host today and can let you know tomorrow.  It was installed from the
> FreeBSD ports collection for 8.2-RELEASE.

Likely.

>> All (at least that I can think of) Requires can be stubbed out
>> in (normally: dunno what paths FreeBSD uses) in
>>    /etc/rpm/sysinfo/Providename
>
> I thought the same.  The path in FreeBSD is
> /usr/local/etc/rpm/sysinfo/Providename
>
> However, might it be different since they are BuildRequires: and not
> Requires: ?

Should be the same (but I'd have to check).

If you _DO_ try to stub out BuilDrequires: be aware
that missing version-release will match _ALL_ possibilities.
So yo want to specify the stubbed out Provides: as specifically
as possible, not just add the name.

>> Alternatively, you can stub out by building a package with a Provides:
>
> I had considered this and may try it tomorrow.
>
> (aside)
> The RPM I am trying to build is yum.  I suspect that I may hit a
> number of snags with the yum.spec as I try to get an RPM built for
> FreeBSD.  This happens to be the first.

Good luck! YUM is always a challenge ;-)

73 de Jeff