Hello!

I have a question that seems to be an FAQ:
One of my packages ships a template for a config file that is updated during
%post. Unfortunately that update means that (variable) lines are appended to
the config file.

(In my case these changes cause the software to misbehave as the lines indicate
action to be performed by the software)

Now I found out that after update, lines were added to the config file that had
been added before, meaning that the config file was not replaced by the
template before %post ran.

So what could I do (except looking if a line to be added is already there)?
renaming or removing the existing config file in %pre?

When does RPM rename the modified config file automatically?

Is there a pattern I should follow?

Regards,
Ulrich Windl

User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org