On Jan 21, 2014, at 9:42 PM, Rajul Bhavsar <rajulbhav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Easiest way to extract some files is likely to use cpio(1) options.
>
> E.g.
>         rpm2cpio somepackage.rpm | cpio -dim
> will extract all files.

RPM is a package, not a file, manager.

The idea of “partial packages” using either —exclude or—include based
on prefixes (or *RE patterns) leads to complexities such as

        Should the “partial package” specification be persistent?

Instead of asking for file management, split the files into sub-packages, and
install compete sub-packages instead of asking for “partial package” management.

Sure I understand your need.

Do you understand the difference between package and file management?

73 de Jeff