On 9/11/15, 10:01 AM, "Doug Ledford" <dledf...@redhat.com> wrote:

>On 09/11/2015 12:48 PM, Matt Hall wrote:
>>
>> Yes, that did not work and left the first rpm in place. I think we did
>> something bad with the EVR and rpm was unable to find / remove the old
>> version.
>>
>> For instance, on the command line, I am able to do a
>>
>> ³rpm -qi rpmone--² and get output, for the second
>> more correctly named rpm.
>>
>> if I do the same to the first rpmone, rpm cannot find it and says that
>> the package is not installed. Yet both packages show up in a Œrpm -qa¹
>> or Œrpm -qi rpmone¹ (no version or release)
>
>It's probably the - in the upstream version.  I think that's a reserved
>character and it changes the n-v-r matching such that the names are no
>longer the same.

I think you are correct. I found the yum-util Œpackage-cleanup¹ which
correctly found the dupe, but also failed to remove it.

So now that I have an entry in my rpmdb with a malformed V that breaks the
NVR matching, is there a way to selectively remove that one in particular?

My only workaround seems to be

³rpm -ev rpmone-version-release² # remove good package
³rpm -ev ‹noscripts rpmone² # remove bad package
³rpm -Uvh rpmone-version-release.rpm² # put good package back

Interestingly enough, I /can¹t/ remove the package via erase unless I
specify the noscripts option. ?

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged material
for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or
distribution of this email (or any attachments) by others is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and
permanently delete this email and any attachments. No employee or agent of TiVo
Inc. is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of TiVo Inc. by
email. Binding agreements with TiVo Inc. may only be made by a signed written
agreement.
User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org