> On Sep 30, 2015, at 4:32 PM, Anders F Björklund <a...@rpm5.org> wrote:
>
> Jacques Knipper wrote:
>
>> Indeed I'm talking about v5.4.15.
>> I didn't try with the --rpmdbdebug yet but I will, thanks.
>> The problem happen with every rpm.
>> I am able to rebuild our rpms with the rpmbuild, but I cannot install them,
>> an I think it's because of an issue with Berkeley DB.
>
> FWIW, the issue was reproducible on Mavericks too. You need to install
> something to see it, though...
>
> So the default test case a) looks a bit broken and b) doesn't actually test
> installing and erasing ?
>
> %_topdir              #{testpath}/var/lib/rpm
>
> I think it is something with the (lack of) configuration, that is getting the
> rpmdb in a sad state.

Hmmm … I’d likely concur lack of configuration (and that rpmdb is overly
complex).

Meanwhile:

        Is this a segfault or an assertion failure using rpm?

I haven’t seen the exact error message ….

If the problem is a segfault, then there may be an assertion missing someplace.

And if some assertion exit is common (which is likely the case imho)
to an out-of-box misconfigured experience, perhaps an exit by invoking an
opaque script to display a per-platform tuned message might assist.

Of course the opaque script generation through AutoFu may just introduce
Yet Mode Configuration failures, sigh.

Is the problem a segfault or an assertion failure?

73 de Jeff