> On Nov 15, 2016, at 7:23 AM, Alexander Kanavin
> <alexander.kana...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>

>> Which of those packages is of interest to you?
>>
>> Offhand, I don’t see any important applications there that MUST have
>> rpm-python3.
>
> The usage case is that Yocto Project is replacing smartpm with dnf.
>
> Dnf can (still) be configured to use Python 2, but we strongly prefer to use
> Python 3 from the beginning.

The first step is still to get DNF “working” with RPM5 using python2: there are
multiple ports involved.

If you expose you git repositories, I can try to help.

I have already forked all the relevant repositories and done some of the
necessary porting
back in August:

        https://github.com/orgs/rpm5/dashboard

Meanwhile, rpm-python3 is just a small piece of a much larger puzzle.

Until DNF is ported to use rpm5 (with test cases and coverage), rpm—python3 is
a NICETOHAVE answer in search of a question.

Functioning DNF with RPM5 is MUST’VE.

73 de Jeff

User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org