On 11/26/2016 01:07 AM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
FWIW, your invitation expired or is otherwise unusable (but at least
I can read your code, todo++).

Yeah, I pressed the button on github and only then figured out that it's just for allowing you to write to my repository, and then I withdrew the invite. We can publish and share all work via your rpm5 repos.

You have chosen to fork libhif from
rpm-software-management/libhif
<https://github.com/rpm-software-management/libhif>
rather than a fork (of a fork) from
https://github.com/rpm5/libhif

That forces our coordination to be pulled from the only common
root at
rpm-software-management/libhif
<https://github.com/rpm-software-management/libhif>
which almost certainly precludes any participation from me and rpm5.org
<http://rpm5.org>
for various reasons.

libhif has been in active development lately (51 commits ahead of your repo), and so I wanted to use their latest code as a starting point. Also your repo has a single commit that seems to be incomplete and squashing together several unrelated fixes (without documenting them) [1]. Can I move that commit to a 'jeff' branch, so the master branch contains only proper commits and is updated from upstream regularly?

[1] https://github.com/rpm5/libhif/commit/1515ca9e9669a4c65caccb38cbe578775c63f282

Note that there are several other efforts attempting a dnf->…->rpm5 tool
chain that I
am aware of. Which is why I attempted RPM5 repositories to permit
collaboration, and
am perfectly willing to give write access to anyone who wishes.

I am also perfectly willing to let someone other than rpm5.org
<http://rpm5.org> administrate the mess if that
is what is desired. I do encourage all of you to collaborate early and
work forward from
working tools. There’s a fair amount of subtle work that will be needed
imho.
What is your intent: collaboration with rpm5.org <http://rpm5.org> or
collaboration with rpm-software-management?

My idea is that once we get something working in rpm5 repositories and have a reasonable set of commits, I can try to approach rpm4 people with those patches (you don't have to be involved in that). If they agree to take them, great, if not, we'll figure out some way to maintain them separately.

Um rpm5.org <http://rpm5.org> and rpm.org <http://rpm.org> have
different API’s, and are most definitely different
implementations these days. Its not just include files, and more than
libhif is going to
be needed to build a working dnf->…->rpm5 tool chain.

Yep, but let's start with libhif and its build errors.

Alex
User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org