Very interesting.  I didn't expect it to work well enough to be of use
on SAM, given how limited memory accesses are.  Does the CPU manage to
run at all while the DMA is active?

Is it possible to achieve the same result with an external board
replacing the internal CPU?  My soldering skills aren't up to replacing
the existing CPU with a socket!

Of course, your news might trigger you-know-who into action again...

Si