Release Announcements
---------------------

These are security releases in order to address the following defect:

o  CVE-2017-11103 (Orpheus' Lyre mutual authentication validation bypass)

=======
Details
=======

o  CVE-2017-11103 (Heimdal):
   All versions of Samba from 4.0.0 onwards using embedded Heimdal
   Kerberos are vulnerable to a man-in-the-middle attack impersonating
   a trusted server, who may gain elevated access to the domain by
   returning malicious replication or authorization data.

   Samba binaries built against MIT Kerberos are not vulnerable.

Changes:
--------

o  Jeffrey Altman <jalt...@secure-endpoints.com>
   * BUG 12894: CVE-2017-11103: Orpheus' Lyre KDC-REP service name validation

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the "Samba 4.1 and newer" product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6F33915B6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.6.6.html
        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.5.12.html
        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.4.15.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.