Hi,

I'll try get to this - I'll probably be a little busy this week and next. If you want to proceed with it, that'd be great. I'm confident I and others will fix the issues soon. Setting up the Savannah project will allow me to get other maintainers involved on this.

The one issue we were thinking to not fix though is putting the full-sized GPL headers into /all/ the files. There are certain files where this is overkill and not warranted (e.g. because unlicensed copying of just that file will never ever be something that would bother us), e.g. the NEWS and TODO files. We're thinking instead to add a short, one-liner to remind the reader the file is available for distribution under the terms in the accompanying COPYING file.

Thanks,

Paul