Hi Stephen,

I agree that would be interesting. While we have data at the firm level for all
BSIMM participants, and at the BU level for many BSIMM participants, we don't
formally capture data on development methodology (as opposed to software
security activities) for each development team (which may number well into the
double digits for many BSIMM participants).

Also, in nearly all cases, it would be very hard to characterize an entire firm
or even an entire business unit in larger firms as "Agile" or not. Many larger
firms use "Agile" for only a small percentage of projects (e.g., for mobile or
cloud things, if they're a traditional waterfall shop and are just evolving
into new technology stacks). Even those firms who "do Agile" often do it in
different ways across different development teams, even in the same business
unit. The teams with very large applications or critical applications that go
through more testing might do 3-4 week sprints while others do 2-week sprints.
However, they might be using exactly the same process, so I'm not sure the
frequency of deployment would work as the measure of "agility."

As for writing "Agile" rather than Agile above, firms and teams who call
themselves "Agile" mean many different things with that word. I've run into
some teams who feel very agile in their quarterly development cycles and at
least one that "scrums" its way through various parts of their waterfall
process.

Cheers,

--Sammy.