Hello all,

I'm totaly new in the smartcard field.

I have just received a SunBlade 100 workstation with a Sun smartcard
reader inside, so I want to know if there is a chance to use it from
a Debian GNU/Linux for SPARC distribution.

I have surf a little on the MUSCLE web site, and on the mailing list
archive, but it seem the supported reader are only serial, USB or
PCMCIA reader.

Here is a small abscract with a description of the reader (comming from
http://docs.sun.com/htmlcoll/coll.724.1/iso-8859-1/SBLADE100SVC/appdC.htm#108318 ) :

The smart card reader interface is ISO 7816 compliant. The smart card reader is
mounted to the peripheral assembly at the front of the system chassis. A 10-pin
ribbon cable connects the smart card PCB to the connector of the riser board.
The smart card will connect to the on-board I2C (SMBus) interface on the
SouthBridge ASIC.

Thanks in advance.

                Olivier
--