---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 02:14:01 +0200
From: Christoph Plattner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: New to list, problems with PIN code !

Hello SmartCard Linux hackers !

I have recently bought a package from TOWITOKO

        CHIPDRIVE linuxpack

which includes 2 memory cards. Those two cards seems
to be of a different type:
        - 2Kbit I2C EEPROM Card (256 Byte, R/W)
                seems to be a 2-wire card
                (icc->type = 2)
        - 16Kbit I2C EEPROM Card (2048 Byte, R/W)
                seems to be a IC2 SHORT card
                (icc->type = 0)

I don't know why these cards of different sizes are also
of different types... ?

But now to the problems:
The ATR of the 16Kb card is always empty (NULL pointer,
as it is no 2-/3-wire card). Is this implementation
in the CT code correct ?

And now the main problem:
-------------------------

The 2Kbit card seem to need the PIN code, is this
correct (I cannot write on it, and I saw in the code,
that on type==2 and 3 cards, the PIN entering is always done.
I have not seen any PIN !!!! (in the package, on the card,
etc....) So I don't know any key, and now the card always
blocks PIN entering, as the retry counter is already on '0'.
Can I do here anything ?
I also want to contact TOWITOKO (german company), the cards
and card reader are coming from.

Please help.
I will further study the code to understand the PIN protocol
and PIN handling. I have not found the spec for the security
(PIN) handling and protocol yet.

With friendly regard
        Christoph P.

PS: I hope I have the correct address of the mailing list.

private:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
company:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]