Hi,

> which includes 2 memory cards. Those two cards seems
> to be of a different type:
>  - 2Kbit I2C EEPROM Card (256 Byte, R/W)
>   seems to be a 2-wire card
>   (icc->type = 2)

If it's I2C, then it isn't 2-wire. If the Towitoko
driver assigns '2' to the ICC type then it migth be an
2-wire card.

>  - 16Kbit I2C EEPROM Card (2048 Byte, R/W)
>   seems to be a IC2 SHORT card
>   (icc->type = 0)
>
> I don't know why these cards of different sizes are
> also
> of different types... ?

Because of the protocol used to communicate with the
card is diferent.

> But now to the problems:
> The ATR of the 16Kb card is always empty (NULL
> pointer,
> as it is no 2-/3-wire card). Is this implementation
> in the CT code correct ?

Yes. I2C cards does not return ATR. So The driver
leaves this data blank. The CT spec does not says
nothing about this being incorrect, so I guess it's
fine.

> And now the main problem:
> -------------------------
>
> The 2Kbit card seem to need the PIN code, is this
> correct

Yes, you need to enter a PIN. The cards that come with
the beginers pack use to have PIN=000.

>(I cannot write on it, and I saw in the
> code,
> that on type==2 and 3 cards, the PIN entering is
> always done.
> I have not seen any PIN !!!! (in the package, on the
> card,
> etc....) So I don't know any key, and now the card
> always
> blocks PIN entering, as the retry counter is already
> on '0'.

This is because somebody (I don't mean you ;-) entered
a wrong PIN 3 times, or because the card is bad.

> Can I do here anything ?
> I also want to contact TOWITOKO (german company),
> the cards
> and card reader are coming from.

If the card is actually blocked, you cannot.

> Please help.
> I will further study the code to understand the PIN
> protocol
> and PIN handling. I have not found the spec for the
> security
> (PIN) handling and protocol yet.

I don't know of such specification. You just need to
use the appropiate CT commands (see MKT specs) to send
PIN, change PIN, etc.