David Corcoran wrote:

>I think you should handle the Get Response if your APDU looks like the
>following:
>
>CLA INS p1 p2 p3 lentx xx xx xx xx xx lenrx
>
>Is this correct ?

In the perfect world yes ! but, sadly, people sometimes doesn't follow
correctly the ISO7816 or misunderstood it. I have cards (W4SC as an
example) which send back a GET RESPONSE even for a APDU without data.
This is really annoying as I have to modify my application to take care
of this kind of cards.

May be the highler level must be modify to hide this behaviour. But,
from another point of view, it is interesting to know that you have a
card with GET RESPONSE because sometimes those cards must run in
terminals without management of the GET REPONSE apdus.

--
Laurent Boulard
Research Engineer