On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 10:19:24PM -0700, Adam Monsen wrote:
> Can anyone give me an ultra brief intro to how to use zmodem with GNU
> screen? I've got lrzsz working, I'm just not sure how to use it.

It depends whether screen is in the middle of a sz/rz transfer or
it is used as an "endpoint".

1) In the middle:

Use "zmodem pass" in that case. This means that screen will pass
on all zmodem data. Example: your terminal emulation supports
zmodem, you log into a server and reconnect to your screen session.
In the session you need to transfer a file home, so you call
"sz <filename>" in a window.

2) As an endpoint:

You use screen as your terminal emulator, i.e. you have connected
the console of some other machine to your serial line and want
to transfer a file from the other machine to your host. So you
configure "zmodem catch" and run "sz <filename>" on the host.
Screen will intercept the zmodem sequences and prompt you
with a "rz" prompt. You just confirm this by pressing return and
the file will get transfered.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder           [EMAIL PROTECTED]