Yes, I know it's already wednesday, sorry for the delay! The SDL Perl
Game Contest continues - I should know, I'm about halfway through my
third game now! - and last week we had some real nice entries. Check
'em out!

Wheel of Fortune, by Tobias Leich (FROGGS)
=======================================

Who never yelled madly in front of the TV watching contestants make a
fool out of themselves for not knowing the words in Wheel of Fortune?
Well, now you can show them how it's done in this Hangman style
classic! One note though: to play it, you must install the latest
experimental version of SDL Perl, that includes rects with alpha
blending and other goodies.

Snake, by JT Palmer (jtpalmer)
===========================

Another classic remake beautifully done by jtpalmer. This "nibbles"
clone actually comes with a nice twist: a full-blown network version
that lets you enjoy the game with a friend anywhere in the world.
Sweet!

CyberHack, by Zach Morgan (zpmorgan)
==================================

CyberHack is a quick platformer demo by zpmorgan, our newest
participant in the Challenge! In this game, you control a green
creature that falls through a deep underground maze. It still has some
minor quirks in the image blitting, but it's nevertheless really fun
to play!

Synthesia Kinda, by Kartik Thakore (kthakore)
======================================

The Mad Canadian strikes again, in a dazzling... thing. It was
originally supposed to be based in Synthesia, but kthakore envisioned
a game that plays any image! Of course, as FROGGS put it, "you can't
play a random image and expect that it sounds like mozart", but
kthakore is determined to work on it even more, letting it flow until
it find its course in game art history.

Reflex, by... me (garu)
====================

This is a very simple game in which you test your reflexes by pressing
any key on your keyboard whenever the big red button lights up. Your
Top 20 times appear on the right. According to HumanBenchmark, the
average reaction time for visual stimuli in a humans is 215
miliseconds. Are you faster??

This week's roundup of games showed some pretty interesting stuff, and
we saw a lot of ideas come to life in a very short period of time. I
can't wait to see the next entries!

You can find links and screenshots for all the games in the blog post url:
http://yapgh.blogspot.com/2011/03/sdl-perl-game-contest-week-2-roundup.html

And remember: it's never too late to join! Who knows, your next game
might be just what other people wanted to play. Make sure to join the
#sdl IRC channel over at irc.perl.org so we can share game ideas, and
help you write your awesome game!

See you next week =)

garu