> [...]
> Note: the bugtracker link specified in the SDL dist is down.

You are right! I'll fix this in the next release. The bugtracker is here
soince a while: http://github.com/PerlGameDev/SDL/issues

> I have no problems building SDL (whether Alien::SDL uses option 1 (using
> detected existing sdl libraries installed by macports) or option 4
> (having the source downloaded and compiled by Alien::SDL). And the tests
> for SDL work fine. But any program I try to run with it fails with
> messages similar to the following (for Games::BubbleBreaker):

The difference between tests is that the tests are using a dummy display
device driver and the rest does not.

> $ perl -Iblib/lib -Iblb/arch bin/bubble-breaker.pl
> objc[10720]: Class SDLTranslatorResponder is implemented in both

/Users/blue/local/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.14.2/lib/site_perl/5.14.2/auto/share/dist/Alien-SDL/1.430_a8dbcbda/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
> and /opt/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib. One of the two will be used.
> Which one is undefined.
> [...]

Okay, looks like I need to have a look at the rpaths that are set during
building...

> [...]
> Feb 14 18:58:37 MyMac perl[10720] <Error>: kCGErrorInvalidConnection:
> CGSSetWindowTags: Invalid connection

On a Mac only console users have the rights to make a connection to a
display. The root user usually dont have this right. Are you running
bubblebreaker as root?
Maybe, but I'm not sure, you have to build Alien::SDL and SDL as user;
install as root; and run as user again. I hope this is not the case
because then we have a problem with the cpan-client.

Please reply to our mailing list, and feel free to open a new bug in our
new bugtracker. If you wont, I'll do this these days.