It isn't gonna work as 'Portable' module is loaded behind the scene for example every time you 'use Config;'

During the weekend I can prepare a strawberry perl 'Portable Mini Edition' for you (no external libraries, no extra modules, just perl core + dmake + gcc toolchain) - it is easier for me than to elaborate "what-if-I-delete-this" :)

--
kmx