Well, that's a bug. I'll have to update that script with the right module name. Thanks for letting me know.

That script only dumps the video to a file without displaying it. The script 'uav_video_display', released with version 0.5, is the important one here.

I ended up solving my overlay issue by doing most of it in C. I probably needed to do this, anyway, as doing it with Perl datastructures would have meant creating an SV for each value in the three YUV channels and pushing them onto an AV. 720p is 0.9 megapixels, so that would have been a very expensive operation to do 30 times a second to handle realtime video.

The C technique is used in the recently released UAV::Pilot v0.5.

I have run across a new problem when trying to draw on top of the YUV overlay. I can draw a line using the RGB colorspace, but it shows up black. Maybe I need to convert RGB to YUV? Or perhaps draw on a separate surface and blit that on top?

Thanks,
Timm