Re: AOO420-Dev6 ?
Matthias Seidel wrote: Hi keith, All, Am 10.03.26 um 21:42 schrieb Keith N. McKenna via dev: Matthias Seidel wrote: Hi Peter, All, Am 08.03.26 um 11:10 schrieb [email protected]: Am 07.03.2026 um 21:43 schrieb Matthias Seidel: Hi Pedro, I think we plan to release 4.2.0 at some time, so cherry-picking something that isn't ready would not be a good idea. However, we could call the icon set "experimental". But this would need discussion. Regarding translation: The process is broken for years. At the moment we are not able to update the translation. Of course we could wait until it is working again... you need to do various manual steps to integrate the translation into trunk. And to update the translation from the trunk are other steps needed to do. The broken part is you can easy do something wrong resulting in more work to fix the damage. Which describes a bit the situation. My idea is to automate it, but i did not came around to do it and i tried to win a friend for the task, but this did not result in any progress. (yet) I could do the following. - get the latest translation into our repository. - publish mechtildes guide and scipts. - and someone tries to improve the guide locally. the guide is written for the server. so some scripts may fail locally if you do not install pootle too. (which is not covered in the guide.) so currently you need some tech skills to get it to work. The question (to all) remains: Do we want to wait for the translations or do we want to release Dev6 soon? Any opinions? I could easily do the Windows Builds... Regards, Matthias If we plan to ever release version 4.2.0 then we need an updated development build soon. Then either someone has to bite the bullett and get pootle working or a new translation process needs to be put in place. Yes, "someone else will do it" has never worked... Personally, I have invested a lot of time in this project. I would be very disappointed if the community is not able to release (a least) AOO 4.2.0. Regards, Matthias Matthias; I as well as others have invested a lot of time in this project as well. I do not write code so I cannot get pootle working. Regards Keith - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
Re: AOO420-Dev6 ?
Hi keith, All, Am 10.03.26 um 21:42 schrieb Keith N. McKenna via dev: Matthias Seidel wrote: Hi Peter, All, Am 08.03.26 um 11:10 schrieb [email protected]: Am 07.03.2026 um 21:43 schrieb Matthias Seidel: Hi Pedro, I think we plan to release 4.2.0 at some time, so cherry-picking something that isn't ready would not be a good idea. However, we could call the icon set "experimental". But this would need discussion. Regarding translation: The process is broken for years. At the moment we are not able to update the translation. Of course we could wait until it is working again... you need to do various manual steps to integrate the translation into trunk. And to update the translation from the trunk are other steps needed to do. The broken part is you can easy do something wrong resulting in more work to fix the damage. Which describes a bit the situation. My idea is to automate it, but i did not came around to do it and i tried to win a friend for the task, but this did not result in any progress. (yet) I could do the following. - get the latest translation into our repository. - publish mechtildes guide and scipts. - and someone tries to improve the guide locally. the guide is written for the server. so some scripts may fail locally if you do not install pootle too. (which is not covered in the guide.) so currently you need some tech skills to get it to work. The question (to all) remains: Do we want to wait for the translations or do we want to release Dev6 soon? Any opinions? I could easily do the Windows Builds... Regards, Matthias If we plan to ever release version 4.2.0 then we need an updated development build soon. Then either someone has to bite the bullett and get pootle working or a new translation process needs to be put in place. Yes, "someone else will do it" has never worked... Personally, I have invested a lot of time in this project. I would be very disappointed if the community is not able to release (a least) AOO 4.2.0. Regards, Matthias Regards Keith - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
Re: AOO420-Dev6 ?
Matthias Seidel wrote: Hi Peter, All, Am 08.03.26 um 11:10 schrieb [email protected]: Am 07.03.2026 um 21:43 schrieb Matthias Seidel: Hi Pedro, I think we plan to release 4.2.0 at some time, so cherry-picking something that isn't ready would not be a good idea. However, we could call the icon set "experimental". But this would need discussion. Regarding translation: The process is broken for years. At the moment we are not able to update the translation. Of course we could wait until it is working again... you need to do various manual steps to integrate the translation into trunk. And to update the translation from the trunk are other steps needed to do. The broken part is you can easy do something wrong resulting in more work to fix the damage. Which describes a bit the situation. My idea is to automate it, but i did not came around to do it and i tried to win a friend for the task, but this did not result in any progress. (yet) I could do the following. - get the latest translation into our repository. - publish mechtildes guide and scipts. - and someone tries to improve the guide locally. the guide is written for the server. so some scripts may fail locally if you do not install pootle too. (which is not covered in the guide.) so currently you need some tech skills to get it to work. The question (to all) remains: Do we want to wait for the translations or do we want to release Dev6 soon? Any opinions? I could easily do the Windows Builds... Regards, Matthias If we plan to ever release version 4.2.0 then we need an updated development build soon. Then either someone has to bite the bullett and get pootle working or a new translation process needs to be put in place. Regards Keith - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
Re: AOO420-Dev6 ?
Hi Peter, All, Am 08.03.26 um 11:10 schrieb [email protected]: Am 07.03.2026 um 21:43 schrieb Matthias Seidel: Hi Pedro, I think we plan to release 4.2.0 at some time, so cherry-picking something that isn't ready would not be a good idea. However, we could call the icon set "experimental". But this would need discussion. Regarding translation: The process is broken for years. At the moment we are not able to update the translation. Of course we could wait until it is working again... you need to do various manual steps to integrate the translation into trunk. And to update the translation from the trunk are other steps needed to do. The broken part is you can easy do something wrong resulting in more work to fix the damage. Which describes a bit the situation. My idea is to automate it, but i did not came around to do it and i tried to win a friend for the task, but this did not result in any progress. (yet) I could do the following. - get the latest translation into our repository. - publish mechtildes guide and scipts. - and someone tries to improve the guide locally. the guide is written for the server. so some scripts may fail locally if you do not install pootle too. (which is not covered in the guide.) so currently you need some tech skills to get it to work. The question (to all) remains: Do we want to wait for the translations or do we want to release Dev6 soon? Any opinions? I could easily do the Windows Builds... Regards, Matthias Regards, Matthias Am 07.03.26 um 21:06 schrieb Pedro Lino via dev: Can we merge the Pilot-Pirx-iconset branch into Trunk and cherry pick to 4.2.0 to be included in Dev6? Is it technically possible to update the translations for Dev6? Best, Pedro On 03/07/2026 2:38 PM WET Matthias Seidel wrote: Hi All, Our last 4.2.0 Developer Builds is more than 2 years old... https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.2.0-Dev5/ Time for Dev6? Although I still think that we should integrate updated translations. Regards, Matthias - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
Re: AOO420-Dev6 ?
Am 07.03.2026 um 21:43 schrieb Matthias Seidel: Hi Pedro, I think we plan to release 4.2.0 at some time, so cherry-picking something that isn't ready would not be a good idea. However, we could call the icon set "experimental". But this would need discussion. Regarding translation: The process is broken for years. At the moment we are not able to update the translation. Of course we could wait until it is working again... you need to do various manual steps to integrate the translation into trunk. And to update the translation from the trunk are other steps needed to do. The broken part is you can easy do something wrong resulting in more work to fix the damage. Which describes a bit the situation. My idea is to automate it, but i did not came around to do it and i tried to win a friend for the task, but this did not result in any progress. (yet) I could do the following. - get the latest translation into our repository. - publish mechtildes guide and scipts. - and someone tries to improve the guide locally. the guide is written for the server. so some scripts may fail locally if you do not install pootle too. (which is not covered in the guide.) so currently you need some tech skills to get it to work. Regards, Matthias Am 07.03.26 um 21:06 schrieb Pedro Lino via dev: Can we merge the Pilot-Pirx-iconset branch into Trunk and cherry pick to 4.2.0 to be included in Dev6? Is it technically possible to update the translations for Dev6? Best, Pedro On 03/07/2026 2:38 PM WET Matthias Seidel wrote: Hi All, Our last 4.2.0 Developer Builds is more than 2 years old... https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.2.0-Dev5/ Time for Dev6? Although I still think that we should integrate updated translations. Regards, Matthias - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
Re: AOO420-Dev6 ?
Hi Pedro, I think we plan to release 4.2.0 at some time, so cherry-picking something that isn't ready would not be a good idea. However, we could call the icon set "experimental". But this would need discussion. Regarding translation: The process is broken for years. At the moment we are not able to update the translation. Of course we could wait until it is working again... Regards, Matthias Am 07.03.26 um 21:06 schrieb Pedro Lino via dev: Can we merge the Pilot-Pirx-iconset branch into Trunk and cherry pick to 4.2.0 to be included in Dev6? Is it technically possible to update the translations for Dev6? Best, Pedro On 03/07/2026 2:38 PM WET Matthias Seidel wrote: Hi All, Our last 4.2.0 Developer Builds is more than 2 years old... https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.2.0-Dev5/ Time for Dev6? Although I still think that we should integrate updated translations. Regards, Matthias - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
Re: AOO420-Dev6 ?
Can we merge the Pilot-Pirx-iconset branch into Trunk and cherry pick to 4.2.0 to be included in Dev6? Is it technically possible to update the translations for Dev6? Best, Pedro > On 03/07/2026 2:38 PM WET Matthias Seidel wrote: > > > Hi All, > > Our last 4.2.0 Developer Builds is more than 2 years old... > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.2.0-Dev5/ > > Time for Dev6? > > Although I still think that we should integrate updated translations. > > Regards, > > Matthias > > > - > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] > For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected] - To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
