I don't know what kind of tasks you are talking about getting help with, and I
don't have much (or any) free time, but MAYBE I could help if there is
something I could handle.

I am a developer (coding anything except Apple-related stuff), but I am not
such a huge fan of Java, although it is very portable and cross platform, which
is a good thing.

I have yesterday gotten the `apache-james-3.0-beta4-app`, set it up on a
dynamic IP domain, and let it run. Soon I will make it use TLS as well. I still
need to make it use a DB instead of the filesystem, so hopefully I will manage
to make it use SQL Server soon (hopefully it works - I have no idea if you have
tested James with SQL Server, but anyway).
So, since I am torturing myself with all these configurations, and reading the
documentation on your site seems like riddle-solving, maybe I could do
something related to that... I am not promising anything, since my schedule is
crazy and my mind already about to explode, but maybe I can do something...
Definitely, I could make a long list of questions for someone to answer which
you can post as FAQ in your site...

Irrelevant: I know that this is too early to have, but I think that having a
management UI tool that updates the configs based on the user interaction and
also manages the mail server would help a lot the users. Although, having used
other Apache software in the past (Solr), it seems to me that helping newbie
users out is not a high priority in your list.