Hi there,

I had sgd 4.1 or 4.2 installed on my ancient SPARC servers as a demo on Solaris 10; now for a friend I'm trying to setup sgd v 4.3 on a Vbox instance on OpenSolaris on x86.

I have OpenSol snv111b (current stable) installed, the host OS is Ubuntu Linux x86_64 edition and OSol guest is 32bit.

As of yet I don't have an authoritative DNS server setup to point a domain name to the sgd instance so I'm using IP addresses instead!

The web page login system works fine as tomcat is online and functional and I have full access to the Administrative Console, however if I try to use the normal login for clients I get a response saying that port 5307 (default encrypted connections port) won't connect??

Since I have a default setup I figured the firewall was off but just in case it wasn't I use svcadm disable network/ipfilter to make sure it was totally off, however I am still getting the same errors??

If I try to connect using the host OS in my machine I simply get: enable Java for the browser messages?? Both jre5 and 6 are installed and both Firefox and Seamonkey support Java Script. --I assume this is happening because of my 64bit OS instance! As the Linux connector for sgd is only 32bit also.....

I recently updated OpenSol using the package manager and now when using the new ZFS instance the Admin Console tells me the sgd server is down, although there are no errors on starting the software. I do however get this error in the error.log:

[code]
If this server is configured for firewall forwarding and the web server is bound to 'localhost:3144', you can ignore this error. If not, then check to see which process is bound to the port.
2009/10/25 23:50:12.236 proxy/server    #6
Sun Secure Global Desktop Software(4.5) ERROR:

JServer shut down after 20 seconds on exit code 2 and signal number 0.
Proxy will attempt to restart.

Secure Global Desktop services are temporarily unavailable.

Services will be restored when the JServer restarts.
2009/10/26 09:49:22.481 proxy/server    #4
Sun Secure Global Desktop Software(4.5) ERROR:

Failed to bind to INADDR_ANY on port 3144.Reason: bind(28,*:3144): (125) Address already in use

Trying to bind to these addresses instead:sgd

If this server is configured for firewall forwarding and the web server is bound to 'localhost:3144', you can ignore this error. If not, then check to see which process is bound to the port.
2009/10/26 09:49:37.506 proxy/server    #6
Sun Secure Global Desktop Software(4.5) ERROR:

JServer shut down after 20 seconds on exit code 2 and signal number 0.
Proxy will attempt to restart.

Secure Global Desktop services are temporarily unavailable.

Services will be restored when the JServer restarts.

[/code]

I also tried to generate a certificate and ran into this error:

[code]
Do you want to add any additional hostnames? [no]
2048 semi-random bytes loaded
Generating RSA private key, 1024 bit long modulus
e is 65537 (0x10001)
Error generating certificate request.
[/code]

What's going on here as I never had half as many problems as this using Sol10?? Does OpenSol need to be patched or something or is it simply an incompatible version?

If anyone can give me some clues as to what's going on or if someone can tell me what more information I'd need to provide I'd be very grateful!!

Thanks

--Kaya