Yes, port 5307 is the default AIP secure port; if you're receiving the error "can't connect to 5307", then that's from the point-of-view from the "client".
Typically, this is a name resolution problem.

(if using /etc/hosts, be sure that you have an IP address assigned to the hostname, and that you can access the hostname from the server on the external NIC, as well as from the client. Binding the hostname to the loopback interface isn't notably useful...)

Where are you running the client web browser? Within the Solaris VM? When you first started SGD, it proposed a peer DNS name - that's the server name your client web browser is trying to connect to.

To see what it's configured for now, run: /opt/tarantella/bin/tarantella config list --tarantella-config-server-dns-peer

The servername it returns is what your *client* needs to be able to resolve and connect to. From you client, see if you can connect to:

telnet sgd.example.com 5307

where sgd.example.com is the peer dns name returned above.

If it answers/connects, then you should be able to connect with a web browser. If not, then perhaps something else is wrong; either your VNIC isn't configured in a way that a client can get to it (typically, a bridged NIC under VirtualBox) or name resolution is failing or there's a firewall involved somehow.

You don't *have* to use DNS, (although Support does, I think, require it). You can use /etc/hosts on both client and server for name resolution.

Kaya Saman wrote:
Kaya Saman wrote:
Richard Butland wrote:
Hello, Kaya,

to run on OpenSolaris, you'll want use SGD version 4.50: http://docs.sun.com/source/820-6688/chapter1.html#d0e758 And, if using OpenSolaris as a client, check this: http://docs.sun.com/source/820-6687/chapter2.html#d0e5090

So, the easy answer is to download/install the 4.50 version.

Rick

Again I've tried to install version 4.5 on Sol10 this time in a VBox image only again I get the same problem about not being able to connect to port 5307 - the default SSL port??

I don't have DNS setup at all in terms of running an authoritative DNS server and calling the server by an A record; however the /etc/hosts file is populated and /etc/nodename which I think is what is required in the first place when they say DNS?? -- just reading through the manual right now which you provided Rick, although have checked the html doc at sgddemo.sun.com for the server administration before installing.

Anyway I really have no idea why I can't login :-(

I'm using the local test user name sgd with pass sgd.....

If anyone has any idea about what I can do to get this to work or information I can provide that would be really great!!

Many thanks

--Kaya