From: "Richard Butland" <richard.butl...@sun.com>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 6:30:21 PM GMT -05:00 Colombia
Subject: Re: [SGD-Users] Proxy web/AIP data via another server

Have you looked at the Secure Gateway?  Basically, that's what it's
built to do - proxy both the http(s) traffic, and the AIP(s) traffic.

If you want to do it yourself, well, you *can* put up a reverse proxy,
and the AIP traffic can be routed through a SOCKS proxy, but I really
can't recommend it.

For internal connections, you simply connect to sgdserver.domain.com -
you don't *have* to go through the gateway.

The Secure Gateway isn't separately priced, and this is what it was
designed for, so this is what I'd recommend.

http://docs.sun.com/source/820-6691/index.html

hth,
Rick