On 08/19/10 12:34, Kaya Saman wrote:
Hi Stoyan,

does this mean that SGD is officially canceled as a project??? - sorry
haven't been following up on Sun Oracle events much but there is talk of
OpenSolaris going errr extinct too?

hi Kaya,

please note that filibeto.org (and thus this mailing list) is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with Oracle Corp., nor i am employed by Oracle.

this has nothing to do with the product itself, nor i have any "internal" information about the product's status/future.

greetings,

Stoyan

Does this mean that Sun Ray's will follow as I've personally always
associated the two with each other although remote in nature but where
all part of the Sun Microsystems VDI package!!

As an addition do you know if the Sun Microsystems VDI video is
available from anywhere??? Archives, saved files on a web server etc....??

I really wanted a copy which is now looking more like it will be a
museum piece but hey that's cool as well!! I ask both Mary Dopart and
Nichole Scott of Oracle personally but they never responded with an
answer for me. Do you have any ideas??

Thanks so much and this is such disappointing news as I was just
readying myself to start telling the world about these technologies....
oh well it seems computing now is nearly over and everything going
either MS or Oracle way as closed doors to people like myself interested
more in community computing etc...

Best Regards,

Kaya