On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 05:31:36PM -0700, Vijay wrote:
> I have a strange problem with using ruby http post in shoes block. I get a
> connection refused - connect(2) error on trying to run the shoes app.
> I am running the program on macOS and the problem seems to be
> resolve-replace.rb: line 19.

I would stay away from Net::HTTP when using Shoes. It's a blocking
operation. Your whole app will stop until the request is done.

Use the `download` method, which can do HTTP in the background
and uses platform-specific code to work much, much faster.

  Shoes.app do
    download "http://localhost:8080";, :method => "POST",
             :body => "userName=user&password=11111" do |dl|
      para dl.response.body
    end
  end

You can read more in the Shoes manual.