Do you know what its shelf life is?
Tel told me many years ago that it didn't have a shelf life and that if it dried out it just needed to be rehydrated

Tel knew what he was talking about. I am still using the remnants of Cansema (made in Queensland) bought back in 2005.

I first learned about it on the Silverlist, so now I am paying back.
When my husband was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma I knew exactly what to do, no panic, no fear. Confidence in fact. I had done my research.

I have shared the salve with a friend, and it works for her too. My latest idea, bad or otherwise, was to mix the pathetic little crumbs left in the jar with some Dr Christopher's black ointment because it was so dry and crumbly it was hard to apply. It still works, but with Dr C's mix it is nice and smooth and stays on.

DH put some on his back by himself, thinking more is better, the first time of treatment. I was only going to apply it once, and leave it to work, but he wanted done with this thing and applied a lot. The mix caked, and while driving to work it dislodged the eschar. It still came out, but I suspect it left something inside, and it has recurred every year but smaller and quicker to fix each time.

I have tried various ointments during the healing process as well as coconut oil. The one I am sticking with now is Paw Paw Ointment, which I get in a non-petroleum gel form, just vegetable. (Australian). I have never known it heal so nicely and cleanly and unmessily. I plan to continue using it until something better lands in my lap.

My other story is of going to the city to see an 'expert' in skin cancers. My friend Julie had used some of my Cansema on her finger, and the cancer she put it on came out nicely. This expert was amazed at the way it worked for her. So I was confident to attend this expert with my husband who had been re-treating the SCC for eight years by then, and get him to look at a mole on my back too. He offered to cut a nice wedge out of DH's back, and told me my mole was no problem. I didn't believe him, and when I got home I applied Cansema, and took out a nice typical eschar in due course, since when my mole site is not brown any more. (A lifelong mole). The expert pooh poohed internet cancer cures - he'd obviously done his research and found out what awaited him if he did not roundly condemn and vilify this 'internet' sensation.

Another book to research is "Cancer - its Cause and Cure" by Percy Weston. He lived to over 100 years, and his book is worth reading on a number of counts. Google the source.

Greetings to all old friends.

Rowena Down Unda

PS in response to other comments, I was glad to hear an expert say to apply only once. This has been my rule, but my patient questions it regularly, and my expert friend, the so called "Kate" that I have written about, puts a little on every day, working her way round the site. But indeed she is using an Australian mix. She has used it on face, breast, chest, and accidentally belly, which opened up and disgorged two organ-shaped Things which she stored in the freezer and which I have seen. Also on a site which proved on enquiry to be the lymphatic node site connected with the organ most recently treated. She had one on her face; when the eschar came out it 'unplugged' and artery which she had to have stitched, and found hard to explain. She had one on her spine which she had to go to visit her sister overseas to get help with dressing, it took so long she was getting worried. When it came away she realised the root had been wound round and round her spine, and that was why it took so long. She no longer uses BS on her face because of the scarring, she uses petty spurge, which she calls chickweed but which I have confirmed with her is petty spurge by identifying the plant from my garden. We call it radium weed here in Oz. It's pretty horrible to use, oozes horribly, apparently smells, but works and heals without scarring.