De : Bas van der Vlies [b...@sara.nl]
Date d'envoi : jeudi 26 juillet 2012 15:44
À : sisuite-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Objet : Re: [sisuite-users] RE : RE : Building SystemImager on CentOS 6.2? HELP

> You can replace the SI kernel/initrd with the SALI kernel/initrd when
> booting SI clients, and even run your old SI .master installation
> scripts!  Some minor tweaks to the .master script must be performed as
> documented in
> https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/sali/wiki/SaliUsage/UsingYourOldInstallScript.
>   It really works!  Of course, the installed CentOS 6.x client still
> won't boot due to systemconfigurator :-(
>
> SALI has their own master scripts which are a lot simpler than the SI
> scripts, but I think SALI hasn't been ported to CentOS 6.x yet because
> 1) SALI still relies upon systemconfigurator, and 2) SALI doesn't seem
> to support LVM.

Just some comments on SALI. We use the SALI kernel/initrd  on Debian, Centos and
SUSE Linux PowerPC. The development is mostly donein a Debian enviroment, Only
when
you want to make you own kernel/initrd you have to compile it from scratch.

We do not use the systemimager-server tools anymore. They are replaced by the
SALI
server tools. they are noy documented yet :-(

As for the systemconfigurator tools we have replaced them partially by
functions in the
`initrd` and  postinst scripts. So we get rid of the systemconfigurator tools.
We have some ideas
howto replace them with other tools.

As for LVM the  SALI kernel/initrd  support it. For now there are now functions
for it to hide the
complexity. So you must do the basic LVM commands in the master script.

> In conclusion, it seems to me that if you can make systemconfigurator
> work correctly on CentOS 6.x, then SI and/or SALI should work as well
> for installing clients that will be bootable.

We have implemented a `grub2_install` functions or create a
postinst script that will do it for you

*  Bas van der Vlies                    e-mail: b...@sara.nl       *
*  SARA - Academic Computing Services   Amsterdam, The Netherlands *