Olivier,

Finally had a chance to test from a client running beta8 to a server
running beta8. Both client and server are running rhel 6.4 x86_64.
- I prepared the images as both uyok and without and both worked. No
problem with the getimage from the server.
- I then attempted to load the client with the image I had created. I
attempted this with both the standard kernel and the uyok.
  Both worked up to the point in the script when lvcreate was executed. At
this point the load/system would hang(reset required).
  See the log below. To restore I loaded from a server running a slightly
older version( systemimager-server-4.3.0-0.2.el6.noarch)
  which did not have this problem.

Also note for reasons I have stated in the past I also modified
UseYourOwnKernel.pm as follows :

[root@wild1 130408]# diff
/usr/lib/systemimager/perl/SystemImager/UseYourOwnKernel.pm
UseYourOwnKernel.pm
152c152
<                 $cmd = qq(rsync -a --exclude=build --exclude=source ) .
---
>                 $cmd = qq(rsync -aL --exclude=build --exclude=source ) .
159c159
<                     $cmd = qq(rsync -aR $module $staging_dir);
---
>                     $cmd = qq(rsync -aLR $module $staging_dir);
222a223,233
>         #
>         # Copy /lib/firmware file to initrd
>         #
>         #
>         if (-d "/lib/firmware") {
>            # copy firmware tree to new initrd.
>            $cmd = qq(rsync -aLR /lib/firmware $staging_dir);
>            !system( $cmd ) or die( "Couldn't $cmd." );
>
>         }

Log of failed boot :

parted -s -- /dev/sda set 2 lvm on
logger: logger: parted /dev/sda set 2 lvm on
New partition table for /dev/sda:
parted -s -- /dev/sda print
Model: HP LOGICAL VOLUME (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 300GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
1      512B    1000MB  1000MB  primary               boot
2      1000MB  300GB   299GB   primary               lvm

Load software RAID modules.
Load device mapper driver (for LVM).
Initializing partition /dev/sda2 for use by LVM.
pvcreate -M2 -ff -y /dev/sda2 || shellout
WARNING: Forcing physical volume creation on /dev/sda2 of volume group
"rootvg"
Physical volume "/dev/sda2" successfully created
lvremove -f /dev/rootvg >/dev/null 2>&1 && vgremove rootvg >/dev/null 2>&1
vgcreate -M2 -l 0 -p 0 -s 32768K rootvg /dev/sda2 || shellout
Volume group "rootvg" successfully created
lvcreate -L16777216K -n LogVol01 rootvg || shellout

David K Livingstone
CN Signals and Communications
10229 127 Avenue floor 2
Walker Operations East Building