Brian:
Any updates yet on the issues I raised below with systemimager?
--
Steven DuChene

From: Brian Elliott Finley [mailto:br...@thefinleys.com]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 8:35 PM
To: SISuite Users List
Subject: Re: [sisuite-users] support newer kernels in systemimager?

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the report.  I'll see if I can re-create it in the lab, and update
the code accordingly.

Thanks, -Brian

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Steven DuChene
<steven.a.duch...@hp.com<mailto:steven.a.duch...@hp.com>> wrote:
I am trying to capture the image of a system that is running Ubuntu
Precise 12.04LTS and when I run the si_prepareclient with the following
command line switches:

si_prepareclient --server 10.23.18.10 --my-modules

I get the following :

Use of uninitialized value $v1 in split at
/usr/lib/systemimager/perl/SystemImager/Common.pm line 199.
Use of uninitialized value $v1 in split at
/usr/lib/systemimager/perl/SystemImager/Common.pm line 199.
Use of uninitialized value $v1 in split at
/usr/lib/systemimager/perl/SystemImager/Common.pm line 199.
Use of uninitialized value $v1 in split at
/usr/lib/systemimager/perl/SystemImager/Common.pm line 199.
Use of uninitialized value $v1 in split at
/usr/lib/systemimager/perl/SystemImager/Common.pm line 199.
Use of uninitialized value $leftovers in substitution (s///) at
/usr/lib/systemimager/perl/SystemImager/Common.pm line 704.
Use of uninitialized value $leftovers in split at
/usr/lib/systemimager/perl/SystemImager/Common.pm line 707.
Use of uninitialized value $v1 in split at
/usr/lib/systemimager/perl/SystemImager/Common.pm line 199.
Use of uninitialized value $v1 in split at
/usr/lib/systemimager/perl/SystemImager/Common.pm line 199.
ERROR: unsupported kernel 3.5.0-23-generic!

The warnings or errors about "Use of uninitialized value $v1 in split at
/usr/lib/systemimager/perl/SystemImager/Common.pm line 199" is due to
the way parted is now returning multiple line of text output when the
--version option is passed. It seems that the perl code that is supposed
to be parsing the stuff that is not able to handle that multi-line
output to extract the version of the parted utility.

However what concerns me most is the message back that says the
3.5.0-23-generic kernel is not supported.
Is there any documentation available for systemimager that would show
the necessary process steps to incorperate support for newer kernels?

Any suggestions about any of this would be most appreciated. BTW, I have
the following installed on the Ubuntu system:

ii  systemconfigurator 2.2.11-1                      Unified
Configuration API for Linux Installation
ii  systemimager-client 4.1.6                         Utilities for
creating an image and upgrading client machines
ii  systemimager-common 4.1.6                         Utilities and
libraries common to both the server and client
ii  systemimager-initrd-template-amd64 4.1.6
SystemImager initrd template for amd64 client nodes

--
Steven DuChene

Brian Elliott Finley
Mobile: 469.444.0167