Olivier - Looks great ! Let me know when you have something to test - I'm still
using RHEL 6.

Thanks

From: LAHAYE Olivier [mailto:olivier.lah...@cea.fr]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 4:06 AM
To: sisuite-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [sisuite-users] SystemImager NG: it works :-)

Hi,

I've finaly updated systemimager to work with host OS binaries instead of
rebuilding everything.
This means that now, the initrd template and the default initrd and kernel are
generated using dracut and I only build 3 components: cx_freeze, udpcast and
bittorrent client. All other binaries are taken from the host OS and are thus
in sync with kernel and drivers (which was not the case in previous release
were binaries expected to run with boel kernel 3.7.5 were built on a totaly
different kernel and in some circumstance were crashing or failing to built.

This is past.

I've not yet pushed to git my changes, because I must do some more testing, but
the most difficult things are fixed.
things that still need to be addressed:
- buzybox rpm not available on centos7: do we build it or used standard tools
- need to fix list of binaries that we need
- test.

I hope to release a test rpm in less than 2 weeks, maybe this Friday if I have
tilme.

Best regards,

Olivier.

--