Hello list,

I have seen though SI is officially dead, people are still using it and
recommend. Indeed a remarkable Oopen Source Software.

I have tried SI on debian stable, after fixing kernel mismatch issue and I am
amazed to see this S/W can still restore from image-server running on debian
stable, while client is purposely messed up. Unfortunately preparing USB boot
stick for golden client not possible but it has a brilliant feature - PXE

While checking the si_mkbootserver, it creates required pxelinux.cfg at
/var/lib/tftpboot; hence modified tftp path to /var/lib/tftpboot at
/etc/default/tftpd-hpa But during pxe boot the client complains not file at
tftp server.  /var/lib/tftpboot has

````````
pxelinux.bin
pxelinux.cfg
X86PC
`````````

tree *
X86PC
`-- UNDI
    `-- linux-install
        |-- linux.0
        |-- message.txt
        `-- pxelinux.cfg
            `-- default
pxelinux.bin [error opening dir]
pxelinux.cfg
`-- default

If rename pxelinux.bin to pxelinux.0 then it ask for ldlinux.c32
So put ldlinux.c32, libcom32.c32, libutil.c32, vesamenu.c32 and now through PXE
boot possible though it shows "boot from local disk" and the actually boot from
localdisk.

while the  pxelinux.cfg/default contains

DEFAULT localhost

LABEL localhost
LOCALBOOT 0

really clueless now. Could anyone kindly advise please ?

regards,
Bob