Cheery greetings to the faithful List Members of "Site of the Day". As you have been
informed, the talented and insightful Ben Cooper has found it necessary to step down
from his duties at this List. Ben has been masterful at finding fascinating sites
that were frequently off the beaten track and has been lauded in the popular press
for his contributions to the Internet community.

While I can't hope to fill the gap his departure has created, perhaps I may be able
to provide some websites with news, information and entertainment to brighten your
desktops five days a week. Many of these sites will not have the exotic allure of
the esoteric and may already be household names to some members. However, for the
time challenged among us, it is often the case that encountering a reference to a
website in another medium never gets translated to actually getting to the site. The
riveting article complete with URL is buried under a stack of reports at the office
or tucked away in a pile of magazines in the family room. Here, then, is the readily
available link that requires no hunting.

Site of the Day

Pioneer Quest - A Year in Life of the Real West

Forget Survivor! Think North Dakota.

"Imagine what life would be like without the comforts or hassles of 20th century
technology? From June 2000 to May 2001, virtually cut off from all modern
conveniences and equipped only with 1870s tools and methods, four individuals lived
these awesome challenges faced by our pioneer ancestors. The story of Alana, Frank,
Deanna, and Tim's trials and triumphs of their year in rural Manitoba can be
accessed right here online."

Check out their journals, monthly budgets and photo album.

http://pioneer.history.ca/splash.cfm

A.M. Holm
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
SotD Ashlists archives - http://www.mail-archive.com/site-of-the-day@ashlists.org/