Site of the Day for Friday, January 11, 2002

         Kissthisguy.com or The Archive of Misheard Lyrics

Did you ever just hear it wrong?

The List's only excuse for this site is that it's Friday but what a site it
is! The domain name takes itself from the single most misheard song lyric
submitted - Jimmy Hendrix's 'Purple Haze'.The famous line "Excuse me while
I kiss the sky" has been heard by many as "Excuse me while I kiss this
guy", although the List must confess that it heard it as "Excuse me while I
curse the sky".

The range of songs is wonderfully extensive and range from anthems to old
familiar songs to relatively current hits. The best navigation (admittedly
the navigation on this site is less than stellar but persevere and it will
become obvious) is simply to start at "A" on the left and go through some
of the titles of songs which are familiar to you. Click on the singer's
name in the area above.  A '+' sign beside an entry indicates a plurality
of lyrics gone awry for a single selection. Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed
Girl' is a particularly misheard song with eight entries.

One of the delights of this website is that these misheard lyrics are
submitted by real people who often add a bit of colorful background to the
revelatory moment when they realized how badly wrong they had got it.

Be warned; there are some real howlers here which may leave you helpless
with mirth. Mosh over to "The Archive of Misheard Lyrics" for a bit of
Friday fun.

http://www.kissthisguy.com/

A.M. Holm
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>