[2 articles]

Terrorist Professor: Teaching Your Children?

http://www.kjzz.com/news/cafe/32345779.html

By Steve Baxter
Story Updated: Oct 22, 2008

William Charles Ayers better known as Bill Ayers is an American
college professor and former 1960s anti-war activist.

He is known for the radical nature of his activism in the 1960s and
1970s as well as his current work in education reform, curriculum,
and instruction.

In 1969 he cofounded the radical left organization the Weather
Underground, which conducted a campaign of bombing public buildings
during that time. Now, he's a professor at the University of Illinois
at Chicago, holding the titles of Distinguished Professor of
Education and Senior University Scholar.
In 1997 Chicago awarded him its Citizen of the Year award for his
work on public education reform.

But how does an admitted terrorist become a professor and Chicago's
citizen of the year. Ayers became involved in the New Left and the
Students for a Democratic Society in 1968 and 69. He became a
prominent leader of the group.

In 1970 he "went underground" with several associates after the
Greenwich Village townhouse explosion, in which Weatherman member Ted
Gold, Ayers' close friend Terry Robbins, and Ayers' girlfriend, Diana
Oughton, were killed when a nail bomb they were assembling exploded.

Kathy Boudin and Cathy Wilkerson survived the blast. Ayers was not
facing criminal charges at the time, but the federal government later
filed charges against him.

Ayers participated in the bombings of New York City Police
Headquarters in 1970, the United States Capitol building in 1971, and
The Pentagon in 1972, as he noted in his 2001 book, Fugitive Days.
Because of a water leak caused by the Pentagon bombing, aerial
bombardments during the Vietnam War had to be halted for several days.

While underground, he and fellow member Bernardine Dohrn married, and
the two remained fugitives together, changing identities, jobs and
locations. By 1976 or 1977, with federal charges against both
fugitives dropped due to prosecutorial misconduct they later turned
themselves in.

In an interview published in 1995, Ayers characterized his political
beliefs. He said
"I am a radical, Leftist, small 'c' communist ... Maybe I'm the last
communist who is willing to admit it. The ethics of Communism still
appeal to me. I don't like Lenin as much as the early Marx.

Much of the controversy about Ayers during the decade since 2000
stems from an interview he gave to The New York Times.

The reporter quoted him as saying "I don't regret setting bombs" and
"I feel we didn't do enough", and, when asked if he would "do it all
again," as saying "I don't want to discount the possibility. Ayers
has not denied the quotes, but said he was misunderstood,
deliberately distorted.

--------

Radical Loon When Obama Was Only 47

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=29164

by  Ann Coulter
10/22/2008

The media are acting as if they completely and fully vetted Obama
during the Democratic primaries and that's why they are entitled to
send teams of researchers into Alaska to analyze Sarah Palin's every
expense report.

In fact, the mainstream media did no vetting. They seem to have all
agreed, "OK, none of us will get into this business with Jeremiah
Wright, 'Tony' Rezko, Saul Alinsky, Bill Ayers and everyone's
impression of an angry Michelle Obama on 'The Jerry Springer Show.'"

During one of the Democratic primary debates, Hillary Clinton was
hissed for mentioning Syrian national Rezko, and during another, ABC
moderator George Stephanopoulos nearly lost his career for asking
Obama one question about William Ayers.

In the past week, TV anchors have taken to claiming that Obama
"refuted" John McCain's statement that Obama launched his political
career at the home of former Weather Underground leader Ayers.

No, Obama "denied" it; he didn't "refute" it. If "denying" something
is the same as "refuting" it, then maybe the establishment media can
quit harping on Palin's supposed lack of qualifications to be
president, since she too "refuted" that by denying it.

Back before the media realized it needed to lie about Obama launching
his political career at Ayers' house, the Los Angeles Times provided
an eyewitness account from a liberal who attended the event.

"When I first met Barack Obama, he was giving a standard, innocuous
little talk in the living room of those two
legends-in-their-own-minds, Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn. They
were launching him -- introducing him to the Hyde Park community as
the best thing since sliced bread."

The Times has now stripped this item from its Web page, but the great
blogger Patterico has preserved it for posterity on his Web page.

Obama's glib remark that "Bill Ayers is a professor of education in
Chicago; 40 years ago when I was 8 years old he engaged in despicable
acts with a domestic group. I have roundly denounced those attacks"
-- doesn't answer anything.

First of all, the fact that Ayers is a professor of education proves
only one thing: He is dumber than any person without an education degree.

Ayers is such an imbecile, we ought to be amazed that he's teaching
at a university -- even when you consider that it's an ed school --
except all former violent radicals end up teaching. Roughly 80
percent of former Weathermen are full college professors -- 99
percent if you don't include the ones killed in shoot-outs with the
police or in prison -- i.e., not yet pardoned by a Democratic president.

Any other profession would have banned a person like Ayers.
Universities not only accept former domestic terrorists, but also
move them to the front of the line. In addition to Ayers, among those
once on the FBI's most-wanted list who ended up in cushy college
teaching positions are Bernardine Dohrn (Northwestern University),
Mark Rudd (a junior college in New Mexico) and Angela Davis (History
of Consciousness Department, University of California at Santa Cruz).

While others were hard at work on Ph.D.s, Susan Rosenberg was
conspiring to kill cops and blow up buildings, and was assembling
massive caches of explosives. This put her on the fast track for a
teaching position at Hamilton College!

Despite having absolutely no qualifications to teach, having earned
only a master's degree in "writing" through a correspondence course,
Rosenberg was offered a position at Hamilton within a few years of
President Clinton pardoning her in 2001, releasing her from a 58-year
prison sentence for participating in the murder of cops and
possessing more than 700 pounds of explosives.

But Obama thinks it's a selling point to say that Ayers is a college professor.

Hundreds of college professors have signed a letter vouching for
Ayers, which would be like Lester Maddox producing a letter from
George Wallace assuring us that Maddox is a respected member of the
community. No, really, I've got the letter right here!

The media keep citing the fact that the money Obama and Ayers
distributed to idiotic left-wing causes came -- as The New York Times
put it -- "from Walter H. Annenberg, the billionaire publisher and
philanthropist and President Richard M. Nixon's ambassador to the
United Kingdom."

Great Republican though he was, Walter Annenberg died in 2002. The
money came from the Annenberg Foundation, which, like all
foundations, distributes money to projects that its founder would
despise. John Kerry ran for president on the late John Heinz's money.
That didn't mean Republican Heinz was endorsing Kerry.

As John O'Sullivan says, any foundation that is not explicitly
right-wing will become a radical left-wing organization within a few
years. It could be the Association of University Women, the American
Association of Retired People, the American Rose Growers, the
Foundation for the Study of Railroad Engineers or the Choral Society
of Newport Beach.

Left-wing radicals swarm to free foundation money, where they can
give gigantic grants to one another and they will never have to do a
day's work. That's exactly what Obama and Ayers did with Annenberg's money.

None of the Annenberg money went to schoolchildren. It went to Ayers'
left-wing crank friends to write moronic papers that we hope no one
ever reads.

Instead of teaching students reading and writing, Ayers thinks they
should be taught to rebel against America's "imperialist" social
structure. In 2006, Ayers was in Venezuela praising communist
dictator Hugo Chavez, saying, "We share the belief that education is
the motor-force of revolution."

He has backed a line of schoolbooks such as one titled "Teaching
Science for Social Justice."

Forget about Ayers' domestic terrorism when Obama "was 8 years old."
Does he agree with Ayers' idiot ideas right now?

.