Mindquarry has a filter that covers the first part, so ?http-X-HTTP- Method-header=PUT would be changed to the corresponding header (our pattern is http-(.*)-header), so all you have to do is adding a hidden field like

<input name="http-X-HTTP-Method-header" value="PUT"> to your form. An even more easy to use solution would be the introduction of a <sling:form> JSP tag, that would insert this hidden field automatically for if the method of the form was not GET or POST.

regards,

Lars