Tom Massey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is a bit of a long shot, and kind of OT, but I'm wondering if
> anybody knows the key sequence to get into CMOS setup on an Osborne 486
> DX4-100 with Phoenix 80486 ROM BIOS PLUS Version 0.10 OLPM30-02? I'm
> trying to get the machine to recognise a CD-ROM drive so I can install
> Linux. None of the usual keys seem to work, Osborne aren't around to
> ask, Gateway no longer support them, and I can't seem to find anything
> on the Web. Any ideas? (I'd prefer not to try doing this with a bunch of
> floppies - still have to get the CD-ROM working sometime).

As I understand it, Osborne distributed a CD with each of their
systems that had a maintenance disk on it. You could make this off the
CD on another system. It has the capacity to save and restore the
system configuration. I assume it is talking about bios. This floppy
allowed you to boot off it and re-install you DOS/Win OS stuff.

I haven't found anything for editing the config. AFTIAIK.

   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www: http://www.woa.com.au
       or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   snail:  PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.