On 5/10/2010 2:37 PM, Michael Cummins wrote:
Is there a way we could get a SNIFFER feature like that implemented as an
internal DECLUDE test?

SNFIPREP and SNFIP tests give you some direct access to GBUdb -- of course at that point you've already accepted the message for scanning even if you decide not to do anything else with it.

Barring that, perhaps get it to write a text file of current IPs to block?

I have been thinking about a feature to produce some zone files (or IP lists) from SNF data but haven't settled on the feature set.. and also haven't had any other call for it so it's been low on the dev list.

Are there many folks on the list who would/could use an IP list generating function in the SNF engine? If so what might that look like -- that is, how would you like to tune it and what special features might it have to be most useful?

truncate.gbudb.net is available now and has the advantage of seeing IPs that your system may not have yet encountered.

Chief Scientist
ARM Research Labs, LLC
www.armresearch.com