On 1/7/2011 12:33 PM, Darin Cox wrote:
Hmmm... so 70 minutes after the rule was released we were notified of the rule update for auto-update of rulebase, but at 10:11ET we still hadn't gotten the update for the 8:53am removal.  Anything we can do to speed up the rulebase update notifications?

Update notifications happen as soon as the rulebase compilers have created a new rulebase. We are in the process of reworking our compiler cluster to improve it's performance and further shorten update times.

Also, for rules identified as problematic and removed, what about an automated email so we can remove it immediately via RulePanic.  For peak times like beginning of the business day, that would be very helpful.  An hour could save a lot of headaches for both us and our customers.  Or are there so many of those that we would be swamped with notifications?

We have features on the short list to automatically render removed rules inert in near real-time (within seconds).

Just trying to figure out a way to avoid this as much as possible in the future.  It cost me a half hour this morning, and, more importantly, delayed over 150 legitimate messages to our customers.

We are constantly improving our process to minimize these cases, increase the speed with which we can detect and correct these, and add features to automate and expedite the process.

Thanks in advance for anything you can do.

Thanks very much for your feedback!

Pete McNeil
Chief Scientist
ARM Research Labs, LLC
www.armresearch.com
866-770-1044
x7010

This list is for discussing Message Sniffer,

Anti-spam, Anti-Malware, and related email topics.

For More information see http://www.armresearch.com