Hello Sniffer Folks,

Tarball snf-server-3.0.13.tar.gz has been posted to the Products Page:

http://www.armresearch.com/products/index.jsp

Or you can download it directly here:

http://www.armresearch.com/message-sniffer/download/snf-server-3.0.13.tar.gz

This distribution contains some minor bug fixes and code improvements bringing the SNFMulti Engine up to 3.0.17.

IMPORTANT: This distribution also contains a "clean" SNFServer/main.cpp that fixes a random crash bug!

The previous distribution snf-server-3.0.12 contained testing code that would intentionally force a crash (seg fault) under some specific load conditions. The testing code would make it appear that SNFServer was crashing at random with crashes being more likely under higher load conditions.

This testing code should not have escaped the lab and was not intended for use in production. We have reviewed and revised our publishing procedures to ensure this does not happen again. This new distribution snf-server-3.0.13 does not contain the testing code.

This bug was not included in Win* distributions - only snf-server-3.0.11.tar.gz and snf-server-3.0.12.tar.gz included the errant testing code.

Thanks!

Pete McNeil
Chief Scientist
ARM Research Labs, LLC